Full time support worker for High Hurlands Homes.
Must be well motivated and able to use your initiative working with very vulnerable young adults.
Helping the service users with all aspects of their personal care and also assisting them with activities on and off site. Cookery, gardening, hydrotherapy, music, trips out etc.
0730 - 1930 on a shift pattern with every other weekend off.
Starting rate £19,500 per year, 168 hours every 4 weeks.
Single person accommodation available @ £80 per week plus use of a car to get to work.
- Flexibility. This is a shift based role that can include working on weekends and bank holidays so flexibility is essential.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and a genuine desire to help people
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to work to robust, clear guide lines
- Prior experience in health and social care is desirable but not essential. We can and will provide full training
- A driver with their own vehicle would be highly advantageous, but not essential.
We are looking for an experienced domestic cleaner with a proven track record of organisational and leadership skills. Having a good understanding of the care sector is essential, as you will be managing a team of 4, producing and maintaining a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout High Hurlands and the Community Homes. It will be your duty to ensure that your team provide a holistic and person-centred approach towards supporting service users and that their dignity is upheld at all times.
Excellent hourly rate
27.5 hours p/w - 5.5 per day (hours to be discussed)
- To carry out weekly cleaning audits
- Weekly ordering and stock control of all cleaning and clinical products
- Organising and managing annual leave of your team
- Clean all floors and dust, high dust and damp dust as required surfaces in sitting rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, staircases, hall and offices as per the cleaning schedule.
- To vacuum or shampoo all carpets throughout the house as required or necessary
- To wash all internal windows as required.
- To carry out mattress audits as allocated.
- To clean bathrooms, sinks, toilets, baths and showers and outside the main kitchen.
- To deep clean floors and surfaces in hydrotherapy room once weekly.
- To steam clean as required. Steam clean beds twice a year
- To ensure that the residents’ lunchtime crockery and cutlery is rinsed and put in the dishwashers, which should be switched on once full.
- To ensure that Health and Safety requirements are met and that standards are maintained.
- To maintain all cleaning equipment and machinery are in good repair.
- To report to Management any item of faulty, broken or damaged equipment.
- To attend and participate in supervision sessions and appraisals at required intervals
- You are expected to be responsible, punctual and reliable
- You may be required to work additional hours if requested to do so for the proper performance of your duties.
- You will be required to participate in a period of induction, in any statutory training, and in-service training courses and external courses where they are deemed appropriate.
- To undertake such other duties, commensurate with your job title, as may be required of you
In return for your efforts we offer a wide range of benefits
- Job satisfaction
- Excellent rates of pay (enhanced for bank hols)
- Contracted hours
- Paid DBS
- Full training with ongoing refresher courses
- Refer a friend