We are looking for an experienced domestic cleaner with a proven track record of organisational and leadership skills. Having a good understanding of the care sector is essential, as you will be managing a team of 4, producing and maintaining a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout High Hurlands and the Community Homes. It will be your duty to ensure that your team provide a holistic and person-centred approach towards supporting service users and that their dignity is upheld at all times.
Excellent hourly rate
22 hours p/w (hours to be discussed)
- To carry out weekly cleaning audits
- Weekly ordering and stock control of all cleaning and clinical products
- Organising and managing annual leave of your team
- Clean all floors and dust, high dust and damp dust as required surfaces in sitting rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, staircases, hall and offices as per the cleaning schedule.
- To vacuum or shampoo all carpets throughout the house as required or necessary
- To wash all internal windows as required.
- To carry out mattress audits as allocated.
- To clean bathrooms, sinks, toilets, baths and showers and outside the main kitchen.
- To deep clean floors and surfaces in hydrotherapy room once weekly.
- To steam clean as required. Steam clean beds twice a year
- To ensure that the residents’ lunchtime crockery and cutlery is rinsed and put in the dishwashers, which should be switched on once full.
- To ensure that Health and Safety requirements are met and that standards are maintained.
- To maintain all cleaning equipment and machinery are in good repair.
- To report to Management any item of faulty, broken or damaged equipment.
- To attend and participate in supervision sessions and appraisals at required intervals
- You are expected to be responsible, punctual and reliable
- You may be required to work additional hours if requested to do so for the proper performance of your duties.
- You will be required to participate in a period of induction, in any statutory training, and in-service training courses and external courses where they are deemed appropriate.
- To undertake such other duties, commensurate with your job title, as may be required of you
In return for your efforts we offer a wide range of benefits
- Job satisfaction
- Excellent rates of pay (enhanced for bank hols)
- Contracted hours
- Paid DBS
- Full training with ongoing refresher courses
- Refer a friend